Answered

Legacy: how do I find out?

• 24 January 2020
  • 7 replies

I have many Sonos products, how do I find out if they are legacy or not??

Can’t believe this is happening. What a joke!!

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 24 January 2020, 23:34

Hi, to identify specific devices, you can go to your account page on our website here: https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

Physically, if the device has a Play/Pause button on it, instead of a Mute button, it should be in the newer version of the device. 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi, to identify specific devices, you can go to your account page on our website here: https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

Physically, if the device has a Play/Pause button on it, instead of a Mute button, it should be in the newer version of the device. 

Thanks Rhys S

I’ve checked and it’s says my speakers are “modern”. I’m guess they are legacy ones? 
However, they do have a pause/play button on them all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

There are two classifications of speakers right now “Modern” and “Legacy”. If it says Modern on each of yours, than they’re modern devices that were manufactured after 2015 (for the Connect or Connect:Amp). That means they’re not going to be going into the legacy state in May and will continue to update as modern devices.

Thanks

phew…… fell sorry for the poor people who have legacy products!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’ve got a few of those myself. But I’ve also had them for almost 11 years now, so they’ve served me well.

Badge +3

My Connect has a Play/Pause button and was registered Oct 2017. According to my account it is a Legacy product. Anyone know why this might be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

My Connect has a Play/Pause button and was registered Oct 2017. According to my account it is a Legacy product. Anyone know why this might be?

Sounds to me like maybe it’s a false flag for some reason. I’d contact the support team directly to look into it.