Just added a sonos control to my home sound system, need a way to get that sound on 2 homepods

• 1 June 2019
  • 4 replies

If that involves buying a standalone sonos speaker to get airplay2 going so be it. The setup is as follows--I recently added a sonos control on my home theater setup that goes into a whole home audio system(speakers in most rooms). I have homepods in 2 other rooms that don't have wired speakers. Up until now I have used airplay2 via an apple airport to get sound to the audio system and the home pods by selecting the speakers via the ios app(like within spotify or pandora). I would like to be able to send the sonos sound (from the sonos app) to not only my home speakers but also the homepods simultaneously. Is there a workaround to do this?

4 replies

When you say Sonos control do you mean a Connect?

Anyway, there really isn't such a thing as Sonos sound, and you cannot send any sound from the Sonos app because it is not a music player, just a remote control for the Sonos system.

There is no way that I can think of to involve your Homepods in this. What were you hoping to achieve here?
Yes, sonos connect. Again, I'm trying to get the sound to every room that I have, which includes 2 homepods.
Sorry, HomePods are about as proprietary as it gets, a fine example of Apple’s greed at its worst. Nothing is compatible with them.
Yes, sonos connect. Again, I'm trying to get the sound to every room that I have, which includes 2 homepods.
Sonos is designed as a muktiroom system If you want to go down the multiroom route you would have to swap the Homepods for Sonos speakers or go totally Airplay2 with an Airplay2 enabled receiver and the Homepods, and lose the Connect.