Question

iTunes playlist (xml)

• 29 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello, I transferred my iTunes Music Library to sonos and it worked, however this library is too big, so I exported some itunes playlists to another folder then I transferred it to sonos, however I can't see not these lists in sonos, why? ps sorry for my bad english

note, my music library is on an external drive and the songs are exported to sonos

Regards,

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Flagman, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern on using a NAS drive on Sonos, Kindly check this link for more information.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

thank you @Simon B for your reply.

but, I will try to better explain my problem

first step :

I added my music library on sonos (this one being on an external disk) and the result is conclusive.

Second step :

I added my music folder which is on my C: drive, to recover my itunes library.

the result was successful, however as I have too much songs and playlist volume, this step has caused my song library to shrink a lot.

Second step - alternative try :

I exported 3-4 playlist from itunes that I moved to a folder in the C: drive, then I added to sonos, however the playlists are not displayed

My goal is to be able to access these 3-4 playlists from my C drive, can you help me

Hi Flagman, I am using a mac tool ‘Export for iTunes’ that creates the folders and playlists and that works fine with SONOS libraries. Did you add the folders in the C: drive in the SONOS Music library settings? Also, you may need to export the xml files of the playlists and store them in the folder listed in the Music library settings. I hope this helps.

Hi @el rubio 

as I explained I added (my music library which is on an external drive) in the SONOS Music library settings

then I added (my music folder placed on the C drive) in the SONOS Music library settings, to have access to my itunes playlist, the itunes playlists were displayed in sonos imported playlist, but this action deleted several songs already installed.
So I then deleted (my music folder placed on the C drive) in the SONOS Music library settings
So I then I created and I added my itunes playlist folder exported in xml copied to a file on the C Drive) in the SONOS Music library settings, to have access to my itunes playlist, the itunes playlists were not displayed on the imported playlist in sonos

So I then deleted (my itunes  playlist folder placed on the C drive) in the SONOS Music library settings

So I then I transfered  my itunes playlist folder exported in xml to my music library on my external Drive ) and I updated the music library in sonos

but the itunes playlists are still not displayed on the imported playlist in sonos

notwithstanding the fact that I am using macOS, it works for me with only the exported .m3u playlists placed in the folder listed in SONOS Music library settings and no library.xml - maybe you should try with .m3u formatted playlists