Question

IR is not working on Playbar - Just happened this week

• 2 June 2019
  • 2 replies

IR remote for volume was working fine as of last week. Owned this unit since March 2018. Today - no IR indicator light visible at all and volume is not responding. Here is what I have done:
  1. Replaced batteries on Samsung One Remote
  2. Re-started Sonos Playbar by disconnecting power to it
  3. Factory reset Sonos Playbar by following online instructions
  4. Re-setup Playbar etc...
It is lying flat on furniture under the TV. Sound is working with Optical output now. The up/down control of volume is no longer possible with my Samsung One remote. It was working fine as of last week.

2 replies

Many phone/pad cameras will show IR transmissions, some will not. First test your camera with a known good IR transmitting remote, perhaps your cable box remote. If the camera responds, now check the Samsung One.

I had the same problem. Mine is a Samsung Frame TV connected to Playbar with Optical Audio cable. 

Frame TV also has an IR receiver on the One Connect Box. So to pair the One Remote to Playbar make sure nothing is obstructing the One remote and your One Box and then go to Sonos App settings and select Playbar remote control set up and follow instructions. Once this is done the IR on Playbar is activated and you should be able to control the volume.