Question

iPhone Keeps disconnecting from Sonos Beam.

• 16 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

i recently bought a Sonos Beam and I’ve been experiencing issues where the speaker will disconnect from my phone and stop playing music.  I’m considering returning my speaker however I want to find out if there are remedial options before doing so ?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @PeterSM, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue that you have with your Sonos Beam. to check the status of it. We will gather some information to see the behavior of your Beam. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

thank you for attending to my query.

My confirmation number is as follows: 495031310

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @PeterSM, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, it shows Audio dropouts and Groupcast failure. Kindly check this article about Music Service audio drop or skips and for the group cast failure. Kindly do a sequential reboot starting from your modem or router. Unplug it from the power source for 1-2 minutes. and plug it back in. Once the connection is back. Do the same thing on your speakers. and observe if the issue persists.

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.