Answered

International Warranty

• 4 September 2018
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies
Hi,

If I buy Sonos speakers from UK and move to Australia, would I be covered under their standard warranty? If not, is there an additional warranty I can purchase to cover that off?

Thanks - MM
icon

Best answer by Edward R 4 September 2018, 10:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

No trouble at all. I honestly couldn't speak for Amazon's coverage. I did try to look this up but could not find any answers to this question. If I know Amazon, they wouldn't make too much of an issue as they are a very customer centric- I've never had a problem with them at all and they always seem very accommodating. The best bet would be to contact them direct, just to be sure!

Thanks Ed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, mm84. Thanks for your post.

No, you would not be able to claim under our warranty if you take the device(s) to another country. You would need to have them sent back to the region in which they were purchased to be eligible to make a claim. Someone else could make this claim on your behalf, though it would be your responsibility to make sure the speaker gets to them, including covering all shipping expenses. We would need a UK address to honour the warranty; the defective unit will be picked up from that address and the replacement will be sent to this address.

No, we do not offer any additional coverage. Your best bet would be to purchase your speakers once you have arrived in Australia.

Apologies for the negatory responses. I do hope this was helpful, nonetheless. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Hi, mm84. Thanks for your post.

No, you would not be able to claim under our warranty if you take the device(s) to another country. You would need to have them sent back to the region in which they were purchased to be eligible to make a claim. Someone else could make this claim on your behalf, though it would be your responsibility to make sure the speaker gets to them, including covering all shipping expenses. We would need a UK address to honour the warranty; the defective unit will be picked up from that address and the replacement will be sent to this address.

No, we do not offer any additional coverage. Your best bet would be to purchase your speakers once you have arrived in Australia.

Apologies for the negatory responses. I do hope this was helpful, nonetheless. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks Ed. While trying to purchase the speakers from Amazon.co.uk, they have an option of outside UK coverage. This is by paying extra to buy the insurance for coverage of 3 years (1 by Sonos and remaining 2 by Amazon). Wondering if the 1st year also includes outside UK warranty?

Thanks - MM
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No trouble at all. I honestly couldn't speak for Amazon's coverage. I did try to look this up but could not find any answers to this question. If I know Amazon, they wouldn't make too much of an issue as they are a very customer centric- I've never had a problem with them at all and they always seem very accommodating. The best bet would be to contact them direct, just to be sure!
It is weird that the Singapore Sonos distributor stated that Sonos unit have international warranty. https://www.tcacoustic.asia/shop/brands/sonos/sonos-one.html .Did every sonos distributor in different region practice differently when come to warranty’s term?