IKEA speaker wont connect using CR200

• 29 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi.

I got a Connect amp with wired ceiling speaker in kitchen along with the good old dino CR200 controller. 

So i got this IKEA speaker to enjoy music in living room as well.

I can play music in living room using ipad, but no way using CR200.

My plan was to have music both in kitchen and living room or seperate, but CR200 only allows music in kitchen.

Yes i know my system is guite outdated, but itgought by using living room as active on my ipad i could use CR200 but music will still only sound in kitchen.

Anyone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Monten, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to get more information for us to provide the best option for you.

1. Do you have a Sonos device wired to your router?
  2. In your CR200, do you see your living room speaker?
  3. When you select to play music in your living room, did you receive any error messages?
  4. Have you tried turning off your CR200 or moving it out of range or re-associate it with your Sonos player?

We’d appreciate it if you can submit diagnostics both from your CR200 and your iPad to compare the reports. Just include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions, please let us know. We’ll wait for your reply.

Badge

Hi!

Thanks for your reply

1. No
  2. No
  3. I select livingroom on ipad and music that was selected on CR200 only sounds in kitchen even though it clearly states living room is active on ipad.  If i however choose music on ipad only living room sounds. All i need to know is if there is a way to select both rooms or individually using ipad as i guess CR200 is a bit outdated.
  4. No, should i remove battery or move out of distance?

Diagnostic controller: 1328144682

iPad: 664565798

It sounds to me that you have mistakenly set your new speaker up as a separate system. 

And by the sound of things you haven’t previously used your iPad to control your Kitchen speaker.  Correct?  

If so, the diagnostics are pointless and you need to do the following

1. Unplug your new speaker from power
  2. In your iPad Sonos app, in Settings, App Preferences, select to ‘reset app’
  3. In the iPad app, select to connect to existing system
  4. When you have done so, you should be able to control Kitchen with either the iPad or the CR200
  5. Factory reset your new speaker ONLY as you power it back on (see link below for how to do this)
  6. In the Sonos app on your iPad, go into Settings, System, Add Product, and follow the instructions to add your new speaker.

Please post back with the outcome.  (Which should be the ability to control both speakers using the iPad and the CR200.)

(To factory reset:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US)

Badge

Great, i will try this and let you know.👍

Badge

Hi.

Sorry but i cant find reset app in settings, Was going to present a screen shot of what it looks like but no attachment icon here only hyperlink.

Just uninstall the iPad app and reinstall from the app store instead of resetting.  As in my original instructions, make sure you choose to connect to existing system.

Badge

Hi.

So app reinstalled ( existing system), speaker factory reset and then reinstalled, but unfortunally im back where i started.

I can play one song in  kitchen and a different one in living room.

In controller / about system Ikea speaker is there but not visible in settings.

Regards

Badge

Hi again. All the sudden my dino controller now displays two icons- kitchen and living room! Great support, ooooor did Santa Claus fix my issue...?