Answered

Identifying first generation speakers

• 12 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I have +10 Sonos speakers that were purchased at different times.  I have no idea which are first generation speakers that will not work with the new S2 app.  I would like to upgrade the old speakers but do not know which one was purchased when or really anything about them.  Is there somewhere within the app or online tools to identify the old speakers?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 12 January 2021, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Install my iOS app (see profile) and it will make it very clear which devices are legacy or modern (or obsolete or bricked).

Userlevel 7

thanks.  I see which ones are upgradeable but not which ones must be upgraded to use S2.  

Look at the list of your speakers and compare it to the article I sent about S2 compatibility and you will have your answer.

thanks.  I see which ones are upgradeable but not which ones must be upgraded to use S2.  

Userlevel 7

And here is a list of all of Sonos’ products and whether or not they are compatible with the S2 app: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, log in to your profile on www.sonos.com and select System.