How do the upgrades compare to what I have today?

• 13 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I get this email about upgrades and I have no idea what the upgraded product does nor do I know how it compares to what I have now.  Since you know what a customer has, it would help if you provide that information.  I have no idea where to go to find the answer.  This support system is very confusing for an over 50 user.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

At the top of the page, there is a link called ‘Shop’.  That will take you to detailed descriptions of the products Sonos currently sells.   A bit hard for someone to tell you what products are right for you, even knowing what you currently have, without a better idea of what you might be interested in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Looking at the list I don’t see a lot of gain from upgrading most of these, they sound pretty good.

Sonos One
Play:1
Play:3
Play:5 (Gen 1)
Playbase
Playbar
Sub
Connect:Amp

The Gen 1 Play 5 would probably see the biggest change in sound quality and since you can Trade-Up you’d get 30% off a Gen 2.

The Play Base and Bar I don’t know but I’d think they both put out more sound than a Beam. The Arc will get you Atmos, how much that matters depends on your available video content though.

If you do Trade-Up keep in mind the item traded qualifies you for a single purchase discount. That is a lot sweeter deal if you trade for an Arc surround and sub combo rather than a single One SL.

Related question: I have two Play:1’s each of which say 15% off.  The Rebate Offer says up to 30% of one purchase.  Do my two Play:1’s get me to 30%?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I believe that the upgrade offer for the Play 1s is 15% off of two separate products. They can’t be combined to get 30% off of 1 product. If you have older non-S2 compatible products like the 1st gen Connect, Connect Amp or 1st gen Play 5 you can get 30% off of a single purchase for one product.

Badge

Based on the above, I still do not know the advantages to upgrading.  If a business truly wanted to educate its customer it would have a comparison chart side by side of the products with the differences between the two.  Kind of like a comparison chart. . . .   I know, a novel idea but one that truly helps a customer and provides good education.    

Based on the lack of information, help, and support from sonos in educating the customer, at this time, I do not see any reason to upgrade.  Why spend money if the changes are incremental and not disclosed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @asbrookes 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I hope this helps:

Userlevel 7

Based on the above, I still do not know the advantages to upgrading.  If a business truly wanted to educate its customer it would have a comparison chart side by side of the products with the differences between the two.  Kind of like a comparison chart. . . .   I know, a novel idea but one that truly helps a customer and provides good education.    

Based on the lack of information, help, and support from sonos in educating the customer, at this time, I do not see any reason to upgrade.  Why spend money if the changes are incremental and not disclosed.

I know the internet can be intimidating, but there are plenty of articles, videos, reviews, and detailed product information about all of the products Sonos has to offer, past and present, that makes it easy to make an informed decision as a consumer. But if you require more assistance, I suggest you find a Sonos-authorized dealer in your area that can answer all of your Sonos questions in person. I’m sure they would be happy to explain to you why you should upgrade and maybe even allow you to demo the newer Sonos models.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/storelocator