Answered

How do I remove sonos roam from my account?

• 25 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I purchased a Sonos Roam - it did not work. I have returned it and purchased another is the hopes that the first was simply defective. 

How do I remove the original Roam product from my account - as I have returned it to the store.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 January 2022, 03:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It will disappear from your list of devices under System in the Sonos app after a few days (usually 72 hours) of it not being detected on your network.

Did it disappear ? :)

That’s from the controller. From the Sonos website that shows your devices that are connected to your Sonos “account”, it requires someone else to register the device to their account. 

I’ve got several decommissioned devices (that were recycled) long ago, mostly BRIDGEs, that still show up on the Sonos website as being registered to me. 

As near as I can tell, that database is locked, and the only way it can be modified is by someone changing the pointer externally. To the best of my knowledge, no one inside Sonos, including customer service, can touch that data. They can see it, just not modify it. Which makes some sense to me, having managed other databases in my time. I think of it more as a “this is a list of purchased and registered items” rather than anything resembling “this is what you’re using currently” list.