Answered

How do I play TV audio ONLY through Play:1 and NOT through Playbar?

• 1 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I currently have a TV with output into a Playbar. I have two Play:1 speakers in other rooms in the house. All are configured as one system. My hardware and controller software are fully up to date. 

I would like to play my TV audio output to the two Play:1 speakers and not have the TV playing on the Playbar.

When I route any non-TV audio source to the Playbar, the TV disappears as an input option for any source. So I cannot have TV output going to a Play:1 while some other output is going to the Playbar. If I send the TV output to the entire system then remove the TV from the Playbar only (keeping it routed to the Play:1 devices), it also drops the TV from the Play:1.

I've been doing this for years, and now it stopped working. How do I make it work again? Or does this no longer work? 

icon

Best answer by ratty 1 October 2022, 19:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Whatever you’ve been doing for years, it can’t have been sending TV audio to another room without the Playbar being the primary member of the group. It’s the Playbar which decodes the TV input.

It’s always been this way. The Playbar can of course be muted if you just want sound in the grouped room(s).