Answered

How do I delete individual songs from my “My Sonos” playlist?

• 13 June 2020
  • 4 replies

In order to save songs I started using the “My Sonos” menu at the lower left bottom of the page. With me so far? I did not import playlists or anything from iTunes I would simply play a song and using the three little dots, save the song to “My Sonos.”

My Sonos has a limit to the number of songs you can save. That is now full. I saved the songs using Napster to stream. I have since started using Tidal and no longer use Napster. Since Sonos doesn’t play a saved song from a deleted service, I thought I would delete the individual songs and replace them with Tidal versions. ( I realize I could just start Napster again)

There appears to be no way to delete the songs?  Have looked through Sonos help Libraries and can find nothing. Why isn’t delete, an option in the 3 little dots menu? Again, nothing imported from iTunes or my Mac. Simply saved songs In Sonos that can’t be deleted. Do I have to start Napster again to be able to delete the songs?

This is a basic set up using Play 1s and a connect, and hardware has nothing to do with it. 

Thanks for any help for my Sonos 101 question.

icon

Best answer by ratty 13 June 2020, 13:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

In My Sonos touch “Songs >”

Touch Edit (top right)

You can then delete selected songs

Touch Done if necessary (the pane closes automatically if all songs are deleted)

Wow! Thanks! Would have thought it would be built into the three little dots but then again, I’m not a programmer. 
Now I can take my 200 level classes. ; )

The original songs had a “...” menu, from which you added them to My Sonos. If you’d been able to use that route again -- i.e. if Napster was still installed -- you’d have found a Remove option instead.

Yeah, was wondering if removing the original streaming service had something to do with.

thanks.