Answered

home theatre

Hi everyone, I have a question: in order to create an home theatre system does it make sense to put together 1 base + 1 sub + 2 play:5 (as front speakers) + 2 play:1 (as rear speakers)? Do you have better solutions? Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 February 2019, 22:26

Sonos doesn't work that way. The "base", as you put it, is actually 3 speakers, Front Left, Front Center, and Front Right. So you wouldn't need the two PLAY:5s that you indicated as front speakers.

So, in your scenario (which matches two setups in my home), you'd have a soundbar (PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam), a SUB, and two PLAY:1s as surround speakers.

View original

1 reply

Sonos doesn't work that way. The "base", as you put it, is actually 3 speakers, Front Left, Front Center, and Front Right. So you wouldn't need the two PLAY:5s that you indicated as front speakers.

So, in your scenario (which matches two setups in my home), you'd have a soundbar (PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam), a SUB, and two PLAY:1s as surround speakers.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings