Answered

home theatre

• 9 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, I have a question: in order to create an home theatre system does it make sense to put together 1 base + 1 sub + 2 play:5 (as front speakers) + 2 play:1 (as rear speakers)? Do you have better solutions? Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 February 2019, 22:26

Sonos doesn't work that way. The "base", as you put it, is actually 3 speakers, Front Left, Front Center, and Front Right. So you wouldn't need the two PLAY:5s that you indicated as front speakers.

So, in your scenario (which matches two setups in my home), you'd have a soundbar (PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam), a SUB, and two PLAY:1s as surround speakers.
View original

1 reply

Sonos doesn't work that way. The "base", as you put it, is actually 3 speakers, Front Left, Front Center, and Front Right. So you wouldn't need the two PLAY:5s that you indicated as front speakers.

So, in your scenario (which matches two setups in my home), you'd have a soundbar (PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam), a SUB, and two PLAY:1s as surround speakers.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings