Answered

Help with Sonos Ray

Hi. I'm hoping you can help with a question. I have a LG Nanocell TV with a magic remote serial number akb75855501.
I'm thinking about getting the new Ray soundbar. Will the remote work with the Ray? I can't work out if it is IR as well as wireless.
Thanks very much.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 May 2022, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

According to this article from Sonos, the LG Magic Remote uses RF or Bluetooth rather than IR. But you should still be able to control the Ray’s volume with the remote by following the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479

Thanks for the speedy reply. 

I'll give it a go! 

😊

Hi, I just buy a SAmsung The Frame Tv (2020) 32 inch. I’m not sure about which soundbar is better for my tv. Sonos Ray or Beam Gen 2 ? Is dolby atmos compatible with my tv model?  I will add two sonos One for home cinema sound. We listen a lot of music and watch a lot of moovies. 

Thanks 

If you read the marketing literature, the Sonos Ray does not offer Atmos, it’s priced much lower in cost. 

The Beam Gen 2 allows an ARC/eARC connection to the TV which can provide Dolby Atmos, is slightly larger, and will likely sound a bit better with your new TV.