Answered

Help Stop Sonos Music

• 24 May 2019
  • 4 replies

When I startup the Sonos app, it always shows some music playing, when actually there is no sound coming from the Play:1 speakers. I assume it is the last music I was playing on the speakers days or weeks ago. I then select a music playlist and click on Play or Shuffle and the music I just selected plays just fine. So how can I "STOP" the music from looking like something is playing on the Sonos app?....not just pause it?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 May 2019, 05:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

When you start the app, the way you left it will reappear, unless the speakers rebooted. Ther PLAY button looks like a > when nothing is playing and like a | | when it is playing something.
Thanks.....I think

So, you can’t actually stop music on the Sonos app.?
Yes. Pressing "pause" or "stop" both stop playing the music on your Sonos. It does save what stream you were playing, so that the next time you want to start, you just have to hit "play". Basically, just the same as if it were a tape player. It stops where it was in the tape, and is ready to start in the same place the next time.

The Sonos devices, however, are "always on". Unlike your refridgerator, though, after a few moments of not playing any music, they go in to low power mode.
Press the queue icon and then clear the queue. But really, Stop actually stops the music, the stopped queue is not "playing" anything.