Question

Has anyone installed Sonos Arc with MantelMount ?

• 28 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Planning to install an Arc on a MantelMount MM700 with a 65” TV.  Wondered if anyone else had tried this ?

Questions:

• I’m not sure about the spacing on the mounting holes.  The MM700 says max 29” width (which I assume is the distance between the mounting holes).  Any idea how far apart the mounting holes are on the Arc?
  • Did you need to use the Arc Wall Mount accessory to connect ?
  • Did you need to purchase the MantelMount SoundBar Adapter which supports larger sound bars ?

Thanks for any pointers !

Ward

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @WEldred, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about Mantel Mount, Let’s wait for feedback from our Sonos community users. So they can answer all your queries about this kind of setup.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Simon B - thanks for the reply.  I’ve picked up the Mantel Mount MM700, Recessed Installation Box, and the Depth Adjusting Soundbar Mount, AEON-90200.  I don’t have a lot of space above my mantel, so my plan is to mount the Arc directly below the TV, but use the Depth Adjusting Soundbar mount to place it in front of the TV (instead of 4” directly below) so the upward facing speakers are not blocked.

Do you have any guidance on whether others have tried this ?  In the worst case, I’ll readjust the mounting to ~3” below and should be very near the ceiling when the TV is up (which I expect will be not very often).

Thanks - Ward

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @WEldred, thanks for the update, regarding your concern, I tried to check on the community forums and sites, but I can't see any matches for users for this certain wall mount. but we can wait for feedback from our Sonos community users who might have bought the same one. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.