Question

Harmony Hub, Sonos and Dot

• 13 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I have an Echo Dot, Harmony Hub and multiple Sonos boxes. My set is Tv on the wall, receiver, apple tv, dvd, cable box and sonos connect boxes in connected to receiver closet. My sonos connect boxes are zones, living room, sunroom, office, bedroom and a connect amp in the lounge. Once i installed my echo dot, it recognizes all the zones. Harmony app installed and I can't get it to move to sonos so i can play music. Also tv does not turn on or off with Dot but it does lock up the Harmony Remote until I push help key. Thoughts or clarifying questions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

What version of the Hub do you have? Have you ensured that you are on the latest firmware: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/how-to-update-your-harmony-software

What exactly do you mean by 'Harmony app installed and I can't get it to move to sonos so i can play music.'

I have the Ultimate Hub and just ask the same command as the names of the button for a set of activities - Can you confirm what command syntax you are using?
Badge +1
Thank you for the reply. My equipment is Harmony Ultimate Home, Yamaha RX A1010, Motorola cable box DCX700M, Denon 1920 DVD Player, Apple TV, 5 connect zones and Samsung UN65H7100 TV all running through the receiver. Echo Dot is the Alexa device.
The TV is downstairs on wall, all equipment is upstairs in a media closet. RF runs from the TV to the closet. Sometimes i say Alexa turn on TV and it works, if i say turn on Sonos it will turn to Sonos, but will not return to TV unless i turn all off. Alexa can not find apple tv or DVD. Harmony remote does.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Rather than 'Alexa, Turn on TV' have you tried any of the Activities set-up? e.g. I have Watch TV, Watch Movie and these configure my TV, AV Receiver, Sky box as required via 'Alexa, Watch TV'

As for the Apple TV, if you open the Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices is it listed here?
Badge +1
When i look at setting on the app under devices it says Ken's Echo Dot -Lounge - Office - KandK Master bedroom - Sun Room - Amazon App. no Apple TV. Under Smart Home it only shows Sonos boxes. Also Watch TV, did you change that in skills?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No 'Watch TV' is one of the activities set-up on my Harmony Hub, perhaps these are differences between your Harmony remote and mine.
Badge +1
On the Harmony remote it does say watch tv, along with DVD Player, Sonos and Apple TV i can choose each of those.I thought you meant in Alexa where you can change the phrase.