Group Play Not Working

• 30 October 2018
  • 2 replies

The app says all speakers are connected and playing. Usually. Sometimes one of the speakers will not stay turned on in the app -- but in any case, seldom can I get all the speakers to play at the same time. I've turned them all off. Unplugged. Reset all the connections. It is really frustrating. Sonos hasn't lived up to the brand promise in a while. Any suggestions for getting my five speakers to play at the same time?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It sounds like you may have wifi interference issues. And if all of that reading doesn't fix it, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Might be worth, when you post the diagnostic number, to include what source of music you're trying to play in Group Play. For instance, a line-in source might have differing characteristics than a streaming source like Apple Music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do the diagnostic as your first step as suggested.

It will only take a couple minutes and won't hurt anything to assign static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos gear in your router's DHCP settings page. Once you do that reboot everything and see if it is more stable.

If you want to look at possibilities yourself before Sonos gets back to you looking at your network matrix can help, post a screenshot if you want assistance in reading it. http://player-ip-goes-here:1400/support/review