Getting Sonos to *****. can’t connect orbi router with satellite

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a new Orbi wi-fi setup. My Sonos now only sees the wired Sonos products and not the 2 separate Play:1 speakers. Ive tried all the 'reconnecting' suggestions from the forum with no joy. I would apprciate any suggestions as one of the Play:1 speaker sis used for Bedtime stories in my girls room as they go to sleep!

*Moderator Note: Modified title in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you have one of your Sonos products wired to the ‘hub’ device of your Orbi, make sure to remove the WiFi data from your controller, as explained in the to remove Wifi data  FAQ. It’s possible your extra speakers are seeing the WiFi signal, when they should be looking to SonosNet. Most ‘mesh’ networks work better under a wired system. 

Please also check that you don’t have ‘WiFi disabled’ in the settings of the wired Sonos devices.  (This is a different setting from the one referred to by Bruce.)

Does the main Orbi device act as your router or is an ISP router still involved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you followed the advice on