GA plays podcasts on only one in pair

• 21 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I recently setup a pair of sonos with One & One SL. The google assistant works well for playing music (from Spotify) on both speakers. However, when I try to use GA to play podcasts (from Google’s podcasts) it only plays on One. Anyway to make it play podcasts on both speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Are they stereo paired? Or do you have them set up as separate rooms? Have you rebooted both speakers, and checked for any software updates that may be pending?

Normally speaking, in either case, what’s playing on one should be playing on the other. You may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of playing a podcast using the GA, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Hello,

I spoke with Sonos support team over the phone but there was no resolution. It appears the GA never plays anything but Spotify on the One SL. Only the One will respond with alarms, reminders, etc.

Same thing here. Plays spotify (via app or GA) and anything chosen from the app on both speakers, but Google Assistant will only play the podcasts it selects on the left speaker. I believe I experienced the GA podcast (Hey google, play the news) playing on both speakers once after I had reset something, but it never happened again. Is it supposed to play this also on both speakers? What are others users experiences?

Diagnostics log: 1783075184