Question

Frustrating Apple Music Sync delay

• 10 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Anybody else getting the problem when Apple Music lists fails to sync with Sonos. In particular ‘recently added’ not showing up in the Sonos app? 

Really frustrating and driving me back to my physical collection and alternative set ups.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What is irritating is that it is taking Sonos so much time to allow the Apple Music native app to be used, but that may also be an Apple thing. Once they did that, your issue will disappear.

The simpler thing for you is to dump Apple Music and switch to Spotify or Amazon Music. All are just flavours of the same ice cream, but the latter two allow the use of the native apps to play music on Sonos.

And if you have Sonos kit with a line in jack, you can still use Apple Music on Sonos directly. Set Apple music as the default service on a cheap Echo Dot wired to Sonos and use voice commands to play from Apple Music.

I am not familiar with the Sonos Alexa integration, but it may be possible for this suggestion to work using that even with Sonos kit that has no line in jacks.

And if you have Sonos kit with a line in jack, you can still use Apple Music on Sonos directly. Set Apple music as the default service on a cheap Echo Dot wired to Sonos and use voice commands to play from Apple Music.

I am not familiar with the Sonos Alexa integration, but it may be possible for this suggestion to work using that even with Sonos kit that has no line in jacks.

Thank you. 

it’s currently taking over 24 hours before things like ‘recently added’ lists to sync. I’ll try what you suggest.