Question

Forum login issue

• 16 October 2020
  • 13 replies

For weeks now I’ve been unable to login here normally. If I am not logged in (which I’m usually not because this place refuses to ‘remember me’) I click in a topic to reply and it prompts me to log in. I do then it takes me to a screen that I’ve never seen before. If I don’t click COMMUNITY from there I get stuck at being prompted to log in.

Is there a setting I’m missing or this a new thing with this forum? It’s quite annoying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Me too as far as laptop is concerned, although only in the last few days. Seems OK on my phone at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It's a new thing with the forum. At first it completely stopped access to the Dutch language forum because the page you mention only gave access to the English language forum. This is fixed now, but I agree this “triple jump” is irritating.

Having logged out on my phone I have got back in on the laptop.  But now can’t get in on my phone.  Losing the will to battle with this.

You’re correct, John. The ‘Community’ link on that errant screen doesn’t show on my iPad either. I’m guessing that screen is a way to Sonos to upsell their goods.

I think the ‘errant screen’ is actually your account page. It is for me, anyway.  A boss and mentor of mine who I greatly respected used to say ‘always believe the cock-up theory ahead of the conspiracy theory’.  I have generally found that to be a reliable mantra…..

It is the profile page, but when you’re on this page and you click to reply to a thread, such as I’m doing right now, it should take me right back to this thread. Why detour me to my account page and then I have to noodle around to try and find my way back here? Its just bad programming and completely illogical.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same here, quite an effort just to post this.

Sonos demonstrated they didn't really understand the issues a year or so back when they said having to login all the time was by design.  Really?  My email is replaced by part of it with asterisks too.

Which is fine and a good security measure, but a lot of the times it doesn’t read the asterisks as it should and the email has to be re-entered. Again, poor programming. Bear in mind this forum software is by another company not affiliated with Sonos. Sonos just uses the platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes I know.  Insided isn't it?

Let's see how long the issue lasts..

It is the profile page, but when you’re on this page and you click to reply to a thread, such as I’m doing right now, it should take me right back to this thread. Why detour me to my account page and then I have to noodle around to try and find my way back here? Its just bad programming and completely illogical.

I agree 100% with you.

I’ve been battling this issue myself. Between my iPad losing my ‘signed in’ status, and the frequent ‘Accept Cookies’ pop ups, it’s a tad frustrating. My assumption is it’s an InSided issue, but it may be at the direction of the Sonos web design team, who knows. It’s certainly counter to all web standards I’m familiar with. 

The matter seems to have been fixed. At least everything is now back to logging-in as normal here for me.🤞

Agreed, the sign in seems to be fixed for me as well, although I suspect the being logged out on my iPad is much more an Apple issue than a Sonos website issue. But at least signing in to the forum no longer takes me to ‘not the community’

Thank you to whomever fixed this issue.