ForCaught in an endless "Reauthorize your Apple Music Account" loop from hell!

• 23 September 2022
  • 12 replies

I have a Sonos One Speaker that has been hooked up to my home internet since 2015. It has worked just fine until recently -- when I opened my Apple Music account and got the message:

“Your Apple Music account needs to be Reauthorized” I click “OK”, and get: “Your Apple ID xxxxx will be used to reauthorize account”  The ID is correct, so I click OK.

After a few seconds, a screen pops up ( with bells and banners...) and the text says: “Your Apple Music Account has been Reauthorized” SO...I click the “DONE” button at the bottom and get the message:

“Unable to browse Music...” I click out of that screen and get:“Your Apple Music Account Needs to be Reauthorized”  AARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I could play that loop many times with no good outcome...Everything is up to date, speaker, sonos software, computer, etc.

Here’s what hasn’t worked so far:

1) Turning Router off and on (many times)

2) Rebooting the Speaker.

3) Setting it all up again from the beginning, trying BOTH an iPhone and an Android.

I’m afraid I passed my “wit’s end” quite a while ago, ANY help would be greatly appreciated before I resort to trying the “Sonos Speaker Toss” ..(at this point I could probably break 25 or 30 yards!)

Philip

12 replies

Have you contacted Sonos Support, after submitting a diagnostic?

Just in case, do the two controller devices meet the system requirements as mentioned here…

• iOS 14 and higher
  • iPadOS 14 and higher
  • Android 8.0 and higher (Not supported on Chromebooks)

Also is the Apple Music subscription still valid?

Have you tried signing out of ‘Media & Purchases’ in the iOS settings and signing back in again - also just check your Apple Music Native App is working okay too after signing in/out and then give it another try in the Sonos App.

I am having the same issue. It occurs on Sonos app on my Android smart phone. 

As the original poster, I too am in the loop from hell. Because my device is Android and not iOS, I hope there are some recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

Have you contacted Sonos Support, after submitting a diagnostic?

I had not done that when I wrote the original post, but since then I have, which generated
a confirmation number: (2068774940)

Just in case, do the two controller devices meet the system requirements as mentioned here…

iOS 14 and higher
    iPadOS 14 and higher
    Android 8.0 and higher (Not supported on Chromebooks)

Yes:
Android software version 9 (Samsung S8+)
Apple software version x (iPhone 6S)
Granted, both phones are pretty ancient but they should work.

Also is the Apple Music subscription still valid?

Yes

Have you tried signing out of ‘Media & Purchases’ in the iOS settings and signing back in again - also just check your Apple Music Native App is working okay too after signing  
     in/out and then give it another try in the Sonos App.

Native Apple app works just fine on my Samsung Galaxy: browse, search, download, and play...

Just earlier today when I first opened the sonos 2 app on my phone to check the software version, it said there was an update, so I clicked OK. Update downloaded, started installing, after just a few seconds I got:

"There was a problem installing the update" with one of the button choices being "Try Again" ( I believe the other button was to "Install later")
I clicked Try Again" and immediately got: "No Update Required", Your Sonos System is Up To Date (Version 14.16)

Even if this IS the latest version, the series of events I described above does not generate a lot of confidence in the app itself...

I will try to send a pictorial...just for fun

Having just completed the Sonos software update, as mentioned in your last post, perhaps try reauthorising the Apple Music service once again and see what happens this time.  

Same loop...sigh...

Same loop...sigh...

It sounds like an issue on the account side - I would perhaps just keep trying with the Apple/Sonos support desks to see if either can resolve the matter for you. 

Here is a link to put you in touch with Sonos Support: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Hope you get it sorted.

Has this been rectified yet? I am now running into this block on my S1 system. Reports of this issue go back years; please tell me Sonos engineers have fixed this.

Has this been rectified yet? I am now running into this block on my S1 system. Reports of this issue go back years; please tell me Sonos engineers have fixed this.

Haven’t seen anyone complain about this for quite some months - it is supposedly fixed. I no longer subscribe to Apple Music, so cannot check this personally, but the Sonos status site shows all services, including Apple Music, are reported as being fully operational. See here: https://status.sonos.com

Haven’t seen anyone complain about this for quite some months - it is supposedly fixed. I no longer subscribe to Apple Music, so cannot check this personally, but the Sonos status site shows all services, including Apple Music, are reported as being fully operational. See here: https://status.sonos.com

Thank you for your response.

I ran into this problem today but was able to resolve it by performing the Sonos S1 app’s re-authorization of our Apple Music account on my wife’s iPhone. It really did require an iphone. It might also work on a mac (didn’t try it) but definately not my (new) Android phone.

Thank you for your response.

I ran into this problem today but was able to resolve it by performing the Sonos S1 app’s re-authorization of our Apple Music account on my wife’s iPhone. It really did require an iphone. It might also work on a mac (didn’t try it) but definately not my (new) Android phone.

If you do perhaps encounter the matter again, then It maybe best to submit a system diagnostic from your android controller device and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the issue. By all accounts though this was a matter that Apple supposedly fixed as it was at their end (apparently). I assume you are running their latest App on your Android controller?

Badge

It’s happening this morning on iOS - however, I got fed up with the endless looping demand for reauthorization and just clicked cancel at which point the system fired up and started playing music