Extreme Shipping Delay - Arc / Sub / OneSL

• 24 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I ordered an immersive set (arc / sub / oneSLs) on 06/04 with an estimated shipping date of 06/13. As of today (06/24) the order still shows preparing to ship but there has been no shipment. On repeated conversations with customer support I am being given the same parroted responses about system updates and with no clarity on when or how long will it take for them to ship.

Has anyone received their orders recently (socially those who placed the orders in June itself). 

It is extremely disappointing and frustrating. My two cents: Sonos should stop taking back orders since clearly it’s unable to fulfill them in time, at the least till it gets back enough inventory.

I ordered PS5 day before and it arrived today despite known supply shortages around the world. 

7 replies

Badge +1

I have got the same issue. Items were shown as In stock and were meant to ship just a few days after I ordered. It’s been 10 days now with no change in order status. Waiting on a response from Sonos. 

Userlevel 7

Supply chain woes are still an issue. The type of “chip” used in the manufacture of certain CPU’s is a contributing factor as well. Sonos is a smaller company than Microsoft and doesn’t have the deep pockets to contract the manufacture of surplus parts, chips and other components.

It took 14 weeks to get my monitor and computer ordered from Apple. In fact Apple missed the first delivered date of 10 weeks. 

I’d venture to say that Sonos gears up for distribution of their products via retail distribution and on-line orders are tag-alongs in the same overseas shipment container. Quite frankly it’s cheaper for Sonos to sell 500 units of product “X” shipped to a  retail distributor versus 500 units to individual consumers.

Since Sonos doesn’t charge your form of payment until just before shipping and if you can find the unit you want in a retail outlet you might consider cancelling your order and buying retail. That is of course unless you have a discount through Sonos.

I ordered beam and two ones and got two ship from dates 6/7 and 6/13.  Neither have shipped. Calling to speak to customer service is an hour wait.  I didn’t wait.   They don’t respond to inquiries with anything useful.  I received a “Credit request”and a case number as a response to my question regarding the eta of the product.   I’ll post further is any news….

Userlevel 1

Update: I got my partial order delivered i.e. the arc and one sl(s). They are still stating the same estimated bull about the sub woofer though. Now that we know the inventory is available in west, they should just go ahead and ship the products to everyone who placed an order and got charged.

I think I got a move on my order after I ranted on twitter and a senior sales executive reached out to me. Let’s see if they do send out the remaining products though. It is already more than a month since I placed the original order.
On the website the sub(white) still shows back ordered and their estimated shipping date keeps being pushed forward every week. So fingers crossed. The whole purpose for me was to watch stranger things and that got beat! So it’s honestly just stupid. I agree with you. Will never be ordering directly from them. 

And guess what: I purchased a second ps5 within the same week for my nephew! Now that’s competence. Lol my husband even shared an apple case study with the executive on how to be transparent with customers if you plan to retain them! Lol

It's unfortunate that a company I’ve invested so much in falls apart at the seams.  Sonos was once a great company, but recently it's been a mess.  I ordered several things online over a month ago, in plenty of time before Christmas; every day since then, the online prompt told me it was picked up and delivered the next day.   But each day, it never came and was never picked up.  Believing the service member that assured me it was coming the next day. It never did, and this went on for over a month.  Until I finally, out of frustration, canceled the order.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH SONOS?  Poor management and processes? Possibly supply chain issues and fulfillment?  They have a great product. I have many, 12 in total.  But this situation was the worst next to a few years ago when they made some of the products "end of life" and discontinued their support on the App or even the ability to have them work with new systems without an upgrade path… that was a disaster and cost me several thousand dollars to fix..   Now this with the shipping and delivery issues.   The executives at this company should be looking hard at this situation with determination to fix it. Loyalty to a brand is fragile; you burned me too many times, and I will jump off this ship and take all my support. 

I know a couple who ordered an AMP on Monday evening of this week and it arrived today (Wednesday).

having the same issue. This is apparently a huge thing, yet their website still says processing only takes 1 day if in stock. It’ll be going on 2 weeks now and still no shipment. Emailed their customer service as it was a birthday gift, and they just said sorry, but did nothing to rectify the situation except they are having ‘shipping delays.’ Horrible customer service. Don’t care about the customers at all or the inconvenience they are causing