Ethernet

Hi
Why was there no earthnet cables in my play5 and sub when they were in play1's and sound bar

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
are you sure you have a play 5, because it does have a Ethernet port. The sub does not, it really do not need to have it, as it is only bass, it will always have to work with another speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm under the impression he is saying that the box didn't contain an "Ethernet" cable. Yes I was under impression they always came with one of the cables. Actually I know my Play:5 came with one - either you have an open box or they stopped putting them in.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
they should have flat white Ethernet cables. Cat5 rated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The sub does not, it really do not need to have it, as it is only bass
The SUB does have an Ethernet port.
The sub and play5 both have Ethernet port but no cables were supplied as with the other products I have purchased.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
just saying it is not a big deal with the sub. Sonos net is all it needs
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have quite a few not used in my cupboard. If you're in the UK PM me and I'll gladly post you a couple
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
There was a canle in a 5 that I picked up yesterday. Sounds like a factory packing hiccup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You said that the SUB does not have an Ethernet port, and I was just telling you that you’re wrong — mostly for the benefit of others reading this thread who would otherwise be misinformed.

Also, what makes you think that the SUB receives less music data than the other speakers? It’s more likely that it receives the same data, but only plays the low frequencies. It’s not the same as a standard sub.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You said that the SUB does not have an Ethernet port, and I was just telling you that you’re wrong — mostly for the benefit of others reading this thread who would otherwise be misinformed.

Also, what makes you think that the SUB receives less music data than the other speakers? It’s more likely that it receives the same data, but only plays the low frequencies. It’s not the same as a standard sub.

My mistake, was not thinking correctly.