Answered

Erratic control of system by all apps since 9.3

• 3 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have a Play 5 and a Play 1 which have worked flawlessly in my home for nearly two years, with controllers in an iMac, a MacBook Pro, two iPads, and two iPhones. Always works. A couple of days ago I upgraded to 9.3. Now each of these controllers may work or may not, and if not now maybe later. What has happened? None of Sonos' recommended troubleshooting steps seem to fit this situation. WiFi is strong throughout my home with an Eero system. And if one of the six controllers isn't working, one of the others will. Until later when the situation may reverse. Does anyone have an explanation for this, and a suggestion for what I should do next?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 December 2018, 04:36

If it happened immediately after a software update, it's most likely an issue with duplicate IP addresses, which is exposed by the way that Sonos soft boots each speaker during the process. If your Eero has lost its place in the DHCP table, it could hand out duplicates. I'd recommend a refresh of your wifi environment.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If it happened immediately after a software update, it's most likely an issue with duplicate IP addresses, which is exposed by the way that Sonos soft boots each speaker during the process. If your Eero has lost its place in the DHCP table, it could hand out duplicates. I'd recommend a refresh of your wifi environment.
Badge
I refreshed my Eero network as you suggested. First indication is that fixed the problem. Will check again tomorrow to see if it still works right. Thanks for the good suggestion.
Its an unfortunate side affect that Sonos' soft reboot of the speakers exposes. Unfortunately, it's not a Sonos issue, otherwise I'd be haranguing them to fix it. But you're welcome. 🙂