Entire music library vanished from SONOS

• 21 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I’ve been experiencing a number of issues with my Sonos system recently, namely, speakers disappearing from the app mid song, including paired speakers; then today my entire music library has inexplicably vanished from Sonos.  I’ve made sure that all apps are updated and running the same software and ensured that my Mac is up to date and nothing……

To be honest, I'm getting rather sick and tired of all the issues with Sonos, I just want to be able to play music, but seemingly every time I try there is yet another issue.

Any advice gratefully received.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My first step would be to assign each Sonos a static IP address using your router’s DHCP page. Power down all Sonos, reboot router and controller, power up Sonos one at a time, any wired first.

Once that is done try connecting your music library again.

If you are still having issues you might look at your Network Matrix to see if you can spot any problems or just submit a diagnostic and post the ID number here for Sonos staff to look at.

I was ready to junk my Sonos until someone here pointed out the static address trick, been working here for many years with no update or power flop issues which were killing me before.

Bernie Williams,

Follow Stanley_4’s suggestions. Very Important: Don’t Factory Reset anything without further consult.