Answered

Ducking all speakers - any progress?

• 6 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
When I added two Sonos Ones to my existing Sonos-filled house last year, I was excited about Alexa integration.
However, I disabled the Sonos skill within days because of the "Ducking all speakers" issue.
My six Sonos speakers and Connect are unusable when linked to Alexa because of this real irritation to the entire household.
I make no apology for again asking:
"When will the 'all speakers ducking' issue be fixed?"
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 July 2019, 18:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Same question here. Being “tech support guy” for the household, I have 4 girls asking me to fix this daily. Dots don’t integrate. The one Sonos One is useless. What’s the status? Come on sonos. You released this and said integration, this is a bug!
Same issue. This is really crushing the experience.
Very frustrating - I have to run through the house telling the kids to not use their Alexa's
Don’t know if this really helps, or not, but see the recent post from Ryan S. here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-8-5-now-available-6805630?postid=16224813

The comments were made just as v8.5 of the Sonos App went live.
Any update on this issue? Seems crazy that it's been going on for so long!
Any update on this issue? Seems crazy that it's been going on for so long!

It's been fixed for over 6 months:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-now-playing-with-alexa-groups-6817588

Volume lowering done smarter using Alexa Groups

We've been listening, and are happy to say that with Alexa Groups, saying "Alexa" to any device with a microphone will only lower the volume of speakers in the same Alexa Group. Every Echo device you have will need to be in an Alexa Group to take advantage of this fully. Echo devices not part of any Alexa Group will still make all Sonos players drop in volume
Great. Thank you.