Answered

Dolby Atmos TV Compatibility

• 2 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi I need clarification on the setup I’m planning build. The TV is Samsung TU7000 65” with eARC connection “but this TV is not Dolby Atmos TV. 

Question: will SonosArc+Subgen3+oneSL produce Dolby Atmos given that movie being playback is Dolby Atmos format on TU700?

or Dolby Atmos requires Dolby Atmos TV capable + eARC connection?

Hope someone can get back to me with clean answer. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 March 2021, 17:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It should. The specs for the TV lists that it has ARC. Dolby Digital Plus can be carried across ARC, and carries one of the two versions of Atmos.

It should. The specs for the TV lists that it has ARC. Dolby Digital Plus can be carried across ARC, and carries one of the two versions of Atmos.

Thanks. I can now proceed with the purchase. 

Userlevel 7

The Samsung TU7000 is equipped with eARC so you will be able to get Dolby Atmos audio from supported devices and sources.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu7000

Thank you all. looks like if a TV has “eARC” + Soundbar (Dolby Atmos compatible) Dolby Atmos Media works. 

What confuses me now is why would people buy a TV (dolby atmos compatible) while it still needs dolby atmos speakers to produce dolby atmos? is’t that a waste of money to spend more on Dolby Atmos TVs?