Question

dividing sound

• 1 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi folks I have a beam and two ports I am intending to watch the FA Cup final live here in the UK with the sound coming through my beam and two linked play 1 in the same room..my partner is unwell and is in another room with the Android TV box she is watching going through a new port with a pair of play 1 in that room...I have no idea and have had no success watching both at the same time as.I cannot seem to be able to do this on the Sonos S2 new app as the app only appears to serve one piece of equipment at a time....I may have missed something but it makes having this equipment redundant if I cannot split and control the beam and P1 and the port and P1 in another room any suggestions would be greatfully received as I think I'm being a bit thick here....cheers Phil.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Please select the middle Rooms tab in the bottom of the Sonos App and break the grouping of the two rooms.

Badge

Hi I know I'm being thick but I can not find that option on the new S2 app...Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There are 5 icons at the bottom of the window, representing (from left to right) My Sonos, Browse, System, Search and Settings.

Tap the middle icon. Then select your (presumably currently grouped) rooms and ungroup them.

Badge

Hi yes I'm there now it's all going fine thank you very much for such quick response and help I am much obliged...cheers folks and thank you...Phil.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Come on the Reds/Blues (delete as applicable!).

Hi yes I'm there now it's all going fine thank you very much for such quick response and help I am much obliged...cheers folks and thank you...Phil.

If you are grouping other speakers or ‘rooms‘ with a sonos HT device, like a Sonos Beam for example and you find that you encounter any audio sync or dropout issues, then also to assist, you may want to checkout the available options in “Settings/System/[Beam Room Name]” in the Sonos App called “TV Dialog Sync” and ”Group Audio Delay” without complicating things too much, these options alter the audio buffering and each option can help to get the TV audio playing in sync across grouped rooms. Both options have ‘reset’ buttons, so you can set them back to their defaults if you decide you need to use, or play with, those settings.

Hope that assists you to enjoy the cup final.

Badge

Thank you Ken that's invaluable ...cheers