Question

Discontinued Play 3 and Play 5

• 19 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have problems with my Sonos speakers. They are wirelessly connected to Google WiFi and have been working ok for 1,5 years. Lately I have daily black outs on the sound.... Can anyone tell me if they are both 2,4 Ghz and 5,1 Ghz compatible? I have two Play 3 and one Play 5 - and both are the old discontinued models. They are from 2012.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Kitekongen. Welcome to the community. This is likely due to WiFi interference. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any further occurrence of this issue or changes in your setup, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
Note that the entire Sonos system works on 2.4ghz signals. They will not recognize/connect on a 5Ghz WiFi signal.