Desktop control of Sonos network

• 13 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos Boost network at work where we don't have a wifi network. I've always controlled the network (adding speakers etc) via my desktop controller. I've just updated my system and the option to manage it has been removed. Reading further I see the option to control via desktop has been removed. With no wifi I seem to be stuck.
So how do I add a speaker to my Boost system if I don't have wifi and so can't use the mobile app? Help!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, allychaddy. We appreciate the feedback and I can relate to this myself. We have received a lot of feedback in this vein, and have passed it along, though I could not say if this will result in any reversion to the desktop applications. You may wish to consider rolling back your desktop software. The information as to how to do this is in the forums, if you dig around. I cannot provide the link to said information as we do not advocate it. In the meantime, please do let us know if you need anything else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Also, this might be useful. I cannot vouch for it myself though I know others have used it.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings