Question

Desktop app (Windows 10) drops after sleep

• 16 January 2018
  • 2 replies

My desktop goes to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity (so far, so good). But when it wakes up, the Sonos Contoller for PC (ver 8.2.2) will not reconnect to my Sonos Connect. I have to close and restart it the application. The system is working fine in all other regards. This just a bit annoying.. it would be better if it could rescan the network without having to re-launch it, once the PC wakes up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Benet. Thanks for posting! You may want to dig a little deeper into the Power Settings of your PC to maintain wireless connectivity. You should see something like "Advanced Power Settings", in your Power Settings. Depending on the version of Windows you have, it could be found in a number of locations.
Thanks Keith. But I want my PC to go to sleep! What I suggest is that the desktop controller should behave like the mobile app, in that If the PC drops connection t reconnects itself. Does that make sense? It's not a settings issue. Thanks so much for replying though.