Question

Default radio provider on Google Assistant

• 18 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I used to use TuneIn radio for my radio, but they have recently stopped doing BBC radio, so I needed a new provider. I found the Radioplayer did BBC radio, but whenever I ask google to play radio it still plays TuneIn. I have removed my TuneIn account from the Sonos app, but it still tries to use TuneIn. How do I stop it, and is there a voice command to get Sonos to use Radioplayer for radio? Whenever I say “Play 6 music on Radioplayer” google assistant opens Deezer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @gdaveyyvononerarnaud,

You should be able to add RadioPlayer via Google Play but I am uncertain if it is currently supported by Google Assistant itself.

You may want to try MyTuner, instead, to see if it gives you the functionality on both Google and Sonos.  

Hi,

Thanks for your response. When I ask Google to play BBC 6, or radio 6, or 6 Music from RadioPlayer, it says “I looked for 6 music on RadioPlayer but I couldn’t find what you asked for@

I have added Radioplayer on Sonos, but can’t see where to add it on the Google Assistant. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @gdaveyyvononerarnaud 

welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question. 

Do you have the RadioPlayer service added into Google Assistant and Sonos? If you adjust your command syntax to “Hey google, play BBC 6 from RadioPlayer” is there any change in playback response? 

Have you tried a service like MyTunerRadio or even SonosRadio to access BBC content instead?