customer support?

• 7 March 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Has anyone else noticed how bad the customer support has become at SONOS?
When I first bought into SONOS years ago, support was fast and well I said then that it was "awesome". Today I have been on hold for 58 minutes and counting. Thing is, I have a life. I have a family, I have a very long list of things I can be doing instead of sitting by my phone waiting for the call to be answered.

I am NOT at all a big fan anymore, this is the longest hold time ever and each time I call in, it is AFTER I've researched the issue. In fact, I also continue to research the issue while sitting on hold.:@

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I agree; I have never tried this approach though, emails have worked fine for me since 2011.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Matt, there are definitely times when the wait on the phones is longer than others, it depends on a lot of factors, but the team is constantly working to hire up and train new people for the phones to make sure we have technicians available. In the meantime, we've got technicians available on twitter @SonosSupport, here on the Community, and as Kumar mentioned, the email team is available too.

Anything we can help with here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
We know Sonos have announced that they are aiming to change the support focus - more to on-line support - I guess this means chat support on the web (and devices?) and support via this web-site.

For what it's worth my initial phone feedback from contacting Sonos 24 to 30 months was very positive - fast phone answer, knowledgeable support staff and a mutually acceptable solution. But I note that my telephone contacts over the last 12 months have involved very long waits but the support was still excellent.

Apparently Sonos have a call-back service that I have tried to se once but never received a call - I won't be trying again.

In terms of Sonos putting more focus on the web-site then if that means more interaction with the posters on this site then the evidence, in my opinion, is not that great - It is not uncommon to see Sonos staff mass responding to posts with no reply from other users and some of those original posts are nearly a month old. If the intention is for this site to be more useful for users in fault finding then:-

1) Search needs to be way, way, way better than it is
2) There needs to be a clearer distinction between threads seeking support and information or wish list or technical discussion threads even splitting posts out of (especially announcement posts) threads, providing a link and making a new post
3) Marking solutions AND recording what the solution is

I don't really know what e-mail support is though I have raised incidents and been given numbers - Generally I find this less than satisfactory however I recognise that when reporting issues eg with BBC stations via TuneIn expectations and reality may not align!

It might be apposite for Sonos to create some "Guide to getting support" if it doesn't already exist.
The three times that I've had to call Sonos in the past several years when you guys couldn't help me the call back service worked great. I could go about my business and they called me back without fail. And the techs were friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic.

I agree with Stuart about this site. The search is horrible, and while navigation is better, it still needs work. I do like that the Sonos guys chime in regularly.
Couldn't agree more. I've been on hold for 22 minutes and there used to be an option for a call. The time before this it was over 30 minutes. Service is what separates a business in technology and they used to be good at it.
Well, I'm experiencing this now. 30 minutes plus on hold. I submitted a support request and diagnostic and they said it would take 48 hours or less because of a backup. It's been over 48 hours and no reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Well, I'm experiencing this now. 30 minutes plus on hold. I submitted a support request and diagnostic and they said it would take 48 hours or less because of a backup. It's been over 48 hours and no reply.

Hi there,

I have just pulled up your case and it looks like you talked with on agent. You should be able to reply to the email the agent sent you with a diagnostic confirmation number once you're at your system. They should be able to continue working with you from there. Let me know if you have any questions or issues.