Customer service unresponsive.

• 30 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Ok so been trying for 2 weeks to get hold of sales and technical support. Yesterday and day before was on hold for over 2hrs each and didn’t even make it to a person. Emails are unresponsive and so is messenger Support. I notice that this has been a major issue since as far back as 2010. What on earth is going on over at Sonos. They might want to think about employing extra customer service reps. I have already bought 8 exteriors speakers by another brand instead of Sonos and I’m tempted to just laugh off the other parts of the system. It also worry’s me that if I have a issue I won’t be able to get through to technical help at all. It seems they rely on this community of customers to give support which is ridiculous with the prices they charge. 

anyone have any advice on how to get hold of anyone before I just give up.

thanks  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @barritia.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out about your concerns.

We apologize for the inconvenience. I would recommend the chat box on our Sonos website. Please select United States as the country and please click on the “Other Contact Option” then a chat box would appear. This chat box is another way of getting immediate help from our Sonos Technical Support team.

You may also leave a brief detail about your concern here in this thread.  The more information you can provide, the more we can better understand the issue and the more we can help you out.

Please let me know if you still have further concerns or issue. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I also have had no success contacting customer service.  I have sent two emails with no response and called multiple times with at least 2 hr hold times, with no answer ever.  I have also spoke with the chat box and was told they couldn't help me, it was a customer service problem.  Very frustrated!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @autoforminc.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I would like to know what seems to be the issue and how can we help you out.

Please let us know so we can better assist.

Thanks,

I have been extremely challenged by the lack of basic customer support.  I placed an order for Sonos Move on July 21st.  It was back-ordered and scheduled for shipment on 7/31.  No worries, I can wait--this is the hot new toy, right?!

Then I received notification that the product had already shipped on 7/22.    I was scheduled to be out of town during in the new delivery window, so I had a simple request: Hold the shipment, or deliver it to a FedEx office and I’ll go pick it up.

• July 22nd: I opened an email case to make the request-- Today,6 days later, still no response, and the shipment is now back at Sonos HQ.
  • I reached out to Fedex, they confirmed only Sonos can make changes to the shipment.
  • July 23rd: I Chatted with a rep, unfortunately, they only do tech support, no customer support. 
  • July 24th: I spend 30 minutes on hold to connect with a rep who says “I can’t help you, can’t a neighbour pick it up for you?”
    • The agent decided to recall the shipment, without confirming with me that was the plan.
  • July 28th: I still have no Sonos.  Sonos still has my $400.  I have opened another email support case which I am told to wait 7 days for a response. This is after WAISTING 3+ hours of my time for a simple shipping change.

In conclusion: Sonos makes great products but doesn’t care about customers. Or at least that’s the impression I’m left with. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @COG Sonos.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out with very detailed information.

I would like to suggest calling our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 to get your issue sorted out.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Hi Paul, I called the number you provided and spent another 24 minutes on hold to speak with a person who has now “re-ordered” and my delivery is expected in a few weeks.  

It would be helpful if there were some other channel besides sitting on hold for 30 minutes at a time to get this resolved--email, chat, self service, ANYTHING else. Or if the Sonos team proactively resolved the order rather than letting it sit, unresolved forever. 

I still haven’t received a response to my case that was opened on July 22nd. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @COG Sonos 

Thanks for the immediate response.

The number I provided is for our sales team. There is no other option for the sales team since we do have sensitive information that is best discussed and provided over the phone for safety reasons. However, for our technical support team, we have the Sonos community, chat through our support website and emails. Thanks for being so patient in waiting in the line. The email has probably been closed since you have already talked to our sales team via phone support and the issue has already been taken care of.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Wow - what a customer service disaster, have been waiting  for about 8  months for a response. At first blamed Covid, but they sure are launching a bunch of new things. I like my beam and wanted to buy  some additional speakers but not so sure this brand is reliable. and now that I see this forum, I don’t think I should. too bad, nice unit but the company backing up the customers is failing. I would prefer them to email back and say SOMETHING, it is incredibly rude and unprofessional. Oh yes, so cool you can email the CEO, guess what, no response. terrible, terrible and cannot recommend it to anyone because of the horrible customer service. Bad for the brand.