converting older sonos wired speaker system to wireless system

• 12 December 2017
  • 5 replies

We bought a house with a full house wired sonos speaker system. We want to convert it to a wireless system. how do we do this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
How is it currently setup. You said whole house wired Sonos. Sonos is wireless (well and wired). Describe what you have.
Thee is a central unit that is controlled by the app on an ipad and then there were wires going to speakers in every room that are flush in the ceiling. Some rooms have as many as 9 speakers in the ceiling.. this was linked with a crestron system for the TV's. Beyond that I don't know more about it yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos the amplifier still there that has all the speakers running to it. The Sonos unit connected to the amplifier. Or is the amplifier missing.
I am traveling today, but I will see. There are amplifier or amplifiers. There are 2 different areas with equipment that was left. One has lots of wires to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea need to know better as to what equipment got left.