Question

Windows app no longer working

• 6 October 2020
  • 4 replies

since this morning our sonos s2 controller is not working any more on pc and Iphone.  What is the problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure there is a problem with Sonos - mine's working OK from PC and iPhone….

My apps on Iphone, Ipad and PC work fine,too, so I believe it must be network related.

I’m not quite sure what you mean with “not working anymore”, or how/if you have tried to solve it, but if I had that same problem, the first I would try would be a system refresh: power off all Sonos units, reboot router and wait some minutes until it is back in service, then power up Sonos.
Also, reboot your Iphone and PC.

thanks for the reply.  I don’t think it is network related.  Via Iphone Sonos is working fine, but via PC it give the error in dutch languige ‘Sonos Desktop Controller is not working anymore’ and second error is ‘there is a problem were the program is not working anymore.  The program will be closed and there will be a communication when the problem is solved’… strange. has anyone a solution for this?

@peter.bartholomeus.eu

Did the system refresh as described above solve the problem?

Otherwise, my next step would be to delete and reinstall the PC app.

If the problem continues you can submit a diagnostic and post it here for a Sonos employee to investigate, or Call Sonos Support for a quicker reply.