Connection Issue with SONOS 5 x1pcs, SONOS One x2pcs & SONOS SUB

• 26 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi,
I am facing an issue recently which has been bugging me a lot. My setup is like this below in the SAME ROOM (Setup as 2 units ROOM A & ROOM 😎 and all speakers are combined together.
1) ROOM A - SONOS 5 and SUB, are connected together wirelessly and I am using the line in of the 5 for connecting with TV.

2) ROOM B - two SONOS ONE connected wirelessly and made as stereo pairs.

In ONE SINGLE ROOM all speakers are present and combined to play ROOM A + ROOM B

Now whenever I am trying to play from the TV i.e. line in of the 5, from time to time the two sonos ONE's stops emitting any sound and sometimes comes back again while the sub and 5 keeps on emitting, and sometimes all 4 speakers stop working. I really need a solution to this probelm, I even changed my wifi router to the ORBI so that the wireless is seamless but still the same issue persists. Please HELP!!!! Spent a lot on my system and the routers combined and now this is totally unacceptable.

Regards,

SAM

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Presumably your system is in WiFi ('wireless') mode. At a guess the Sonos units are connecting to different WiFi access points, on different channels. This will lead to suboptimal grouping performance. Note that a stereo pair is a type of group, so this could also affect the pairs. Moreover your use of Line-In for TV sound puts the most stress on the system in terms of bandwidth/latency demands.

Wire one of your Sonos devices to the network. It could even be to a nearby Orbi unit. This will put the system into SonosNet ('wired') mode and your problems could well disappear. If they don't, submit a diagnostic and post the number here. Sonos Support can then advise, e.g. on channel selections.
Hey Ratty,

Thanks for the idea, I will try it at home when I reach from work today. So basically connecting the system to the nearest ORBI, which is the main router itself, I will give it a shot, if this solves it that would be great.
After wiring a Sonos unit to the primary Orbi, wait ~5 minutes to allow the system to flip over to SonosNet mode. You will see LEDs flashing on the units as they do so. Confirm in the controller's Settings/About My Sonos System that all units show WM:0. If any units remain stuck on WM:1 try powering them off and on again.

Assuming that the system behaves itself in SonosNet mode, you should remove the WiFi details from the system to prevent a relapse. Settings/Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup will offer a button to remove/reset the WiFi credentials.
Hi Ratty,

Did ecactly what you told me and exactly the same thing happend as in like blinking and all, it seems that tge wireless setup deleted itsels in wireless setting it was asking me to configure it again. So i presume setting was resetted. Pic attached. However the problem still remains, the sound cuts off from the ones then at one point it stops from the sub and tge 5. Thia is only happening when im using line in (aux) on the 5. And also the orbi is connected to the 5 directly. Any other way of solvong this ?
Like I said before:
your problems could well disappear. If they don't, submit a diagnostic and post the number here. Sonos Support can then advise, e.g. on channel selections.
Please let me know how do I get a Diagnostics report? :S
Please let me know how do I get a Diagnostics report? :SMore/Settings/Advanced Settings/Submit Diagnostics