Answered

Connecting/Syncing Beam to Bose Soundlink 2

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Is there any method to connect/synch up my Sonos Beam to my Bose Soundlink 2 so they are synched up and can both play TV/Pandora????

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 15 October 2020, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jeffpassavant1957.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

Your Sonos system particularly the Beam is running on your home network where you set it up, as well as the device where you have the Sonos app that you’re using to control Sonos. Third-party speakers will not be displayed in the Sonos app Rooms menu, so there’s no option to configure the speakers to synchronize and stream the same music/audio. There’s no way to connect Bluetooth speakers, or 3rd party streaming speakers to the Sonos network.

You can use Sonos Port if you have an amplifier and the third-party speaker is capable of a wired connection and not Bluetooth.

Anyhow, the Beam is compatible to stream AirPlay audio, and if the 3rd party speaker does, then they will be displayed in the Airplay menu, and possible to stream synchronized music to them and to Sonos speakers.

No worries, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this anytime soon.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.