Answered

Connecting Roku Ultra To Sonos Arc

• 18 June 2021
  • 2 replies

TLDR; Sonos Arc throws “Arc not detected” when attempting to set up TV link in sonos app.

Equipment: Roku Ultra, Epson 5050UBE w/ wireless hdmi, and Sonos Arc (along with Sub/OneSLs).

Set Up (attached diagram):

1. Roku Ultra HDMI out -> Epson Wireless Transmitter HDMI IN (then transmitted to Epson 5050 projector) This works.
  2. Epson Wireless Transmitter HDMI OUT → Sonos Arc Soundbar.

Issue: Sonos Arc throws “Arc not detected” when attempting to set up TV link in sonos app. 

Ask: How do I get a valid signal to the ARC sound bar? The current set up is in sequence, I’ve order an HDMI splitter to try in parallel but I doubt thats going to fix the problem?

Most other issues I’ve found are around the sound quality reaching the sound bar so apologies if I’ve missed something already out there ! Really appreciate any crowdsourced suggestions and thanks for your time.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 June 2021, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Arc is not looking for an HDMI signal. It needs an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) signal, which your projector likely isn’t creating. Your best bet would be to get a device like the had Fury Arcana, which can create the ARC signal for you, and split it out to the Sonos Arc. 

Userlevel 7

You should try using the HDMI to optical adapter and connect the Arc to the transmitter via optical port.