Question

Connecting Amazon Echo Dot with Sonos Connect and playing back via Playbar TV setup

• 23 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi there can anyone help me please? My whole house is full of Sonos speakers ?. In my playroom I have Sonos playbar, subwoofer and a couple of play ones so the full setup.

I am getting an Amazon echo dot and plan to connect it via the audio out to a Sonos connect so that when I speak to the dot it will go via the connect and I then want it to play via my set up in the playroom (playbar, sub, 2 play ones)

So I want to know that if the TV is playing and I then say 'Alexa play something from Coldplay' will the Amazon echo dot send audio to the Sonos connect which will then automatically play via my playroom setup and turn the tv audio off?

Also, once I have finished listening to music via the amazon dot, how can I then get the audio back for the TV?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

So I want to know that if the TV is playing and I then say 'Alexa play something from Coldplay' will the Amazon echo dot send audio to the Sonos connect which will then automatically play via my playroom setup and turn the tv audio off?
Configure Line-In Autoplay on the CONNECT. Tell it to play to the PLAYBAR whenever it gets a signal.

Also, once I have finished listening to music via the amazon dot, how can I then get the audio back for the TV?

Turn the TV off and on again. By default the PLAYBAR is configured with TV Autoplay enabled.
I also have a tv playbar, connect, and 2 1's. I have autoplay enabled. I have a dot connected to my connect. When I am listening to alexa, and then turn on my TV, the audio goes right to the TV. This is perfect! Then, when I turn off my TV, and then ask Alexa something, the sound is non-existant. I have to physically go to the Sonos app on my phone and click Line-In again. Why? Any way around this? I feel like its ignoring my autoplay