Connecting Panasonic TV to Beam

• 22 January 2019
  • 7 replies

I have a Beam connected to my 65" Panasonic TV using an HMDI cable. When I turn on the TV the Beam does not connect. I have to unplug and replug the HMDI to the Beam for it to work and it usually works at that point. The volume control on my TV or cable box sometime works. Any suggestions

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Goto the Beams 'Room Settings/TV' in the Sonos App and check you have 'TV Autoplay' enabled. Perhaps toggle the switch 'off' and 'on' again. Also in the 'Room Settings/Remote' there is an option to setup the remote control again, so perhaps try that too.
Try unplugging the TV. It sounds like the HDMI-CEC handshake process isn't being properly set. This process only happens when the TV is powered on....not by turning on the TV with a remote, it's actually always on. By unplugging it from the wall, waiting 2 minutes, then plugging it back in.
I just did that. The remote works. The other problem is that when I turn on the tv the Beam doesn't always turn on
I'll give it a try
As I said, it sounds as if the HDMI-CEC isn't operating properly. You may want to check to see if there are any firmware updates for your TV. I see both Ken and I posted at the same time. I would echo his comments as well.
I've had no luck with either of your suggestions. Any other ideas?
I think at this point, you may be best served by calling Sonos directly. They have more tools available.