Answered

Connect:AMP Gen1 Update Issue

• 17 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI All

I have just used the upgrade programme to replace my ZP100 and Connect:AMP with a Port and an Amp.

I thought I had to return the old kit and then realised that actually I didn’t. So I thought I’d use the old Connect:AMP in my office, standalone, using S1.

So I reset it and got an old iPhone 7 with S1 installed on it.  Now I can go through the setup of a new system just fine. The Connect:AMP appears as the only device. However, it doesn’t show any sources of music.  So I see in the system settings that it needs an update.

But the update fails with an 1101 error.

Steps that I’ve tried to resolve this are as follows (all result in the same failure):

Connect via ethernet

Restart the Connect:AMP

Reset the Connect:AMP

Reboot the router

Reboot the controller

Move closer to the router

Use a different controller (a different iPhone 7)

Tried tech Support, but on agents were available.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 April 2021, 11:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Perhaps try switching off ‘Private Address’ on the iPhones WiFi network connection (you will find it in the ‘properties’ of the connection). Make sure the phone is using the 2.4ghz WiFi band and wire the Connect:Amp to get the update and see if that resolves the issue. HTH.

Have you tried uninstalling the S1 controller, then reinstalling and then connect to existing system?  Then check for system updates again (Settings, System, System Updates).

I would try this with the C:A wired to the router, and with the S2 Sonos devices powered off.

I am not confident that this will work but worth a try.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there

Thanks for the input.

Tried doing all the above, including the “private Network” bit, with the main Sonos system turned off.

Same result - 1101

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @NickB 

Update error 1101 is a general “could not reach the update server” issue - generally related to networking issues. As I write this, your Connect:AMP is not cloud-connected, so there’s certainly a problem. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

There is no need to use a separate phone for S1, by the way - the two apps will operate side-by-side on one device. As suggested by @John B, it’s a good idea to keep the S2 system powered off while troubleshooting and setting up S1, however.