Answered

Connect Amp cutting out when playing music

• 27 August 2018
  • 3 replies

music cutting out
icon

Best answer by ge.hill 28 August 2018, 03:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You're going to need to provide more information, before anyone can hazard a guess as to how to help you.

What's the source of the music that you're playing? Do you have other Sonos speakers, or only the CONNECT:AMP and attached speakers? What device is the controller app on? What version of the controller app are you running, and what OS is on the device that it lives on?

You may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Sorry for being so vague. It was my first time to post, and I wasn't sure what I was doing. The Connect Amp is hard-wired to the speakers. We are using Apple iPad as the OS and using the Sonos version 9.0. We never had an issue until we introduced two new Sonos wireless speakers for out on the patio. But, even when I unplug the new outdoor speakers the connect amp is still cutting out. Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Ah, most helpful, thanks. Sonos has said in quite a few threads that they are currently working on a bug with playback from an iOS device, on Sonos version 9.0, I would guess that you updated your software at the same time as you added the new speakers, which made it seem like the two events were related. As a test, try playing a radio station from TuneIn, and see if you get the same cutting out issue. If not, then it is the bug they are already working I’m, however if you’re still having the issue, it may be worth submitting a diagnostic for the folks at Sonos to look at.

If you can you may want to move your music from the iOS device temporarily, and either put it on a computer, or an NAS, or perhaps one of the cloud music services that Sonos partners with. Or, just turn off the lock screen temporarily on your iOS device, or turning off airplay on your Apple TV would work, too. I would expect the next software release would fix this issue, once it’s been properly tested. And no, I don’t know a date, Sonos doesn’t share that kind of thing 😉