Complex Living Room Setup - TV & Playbar on Tripod

• 5 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Good morning everyone,

I'm buying an apartment with my girlfriend and we'll move in in next months.
As with big living rooms (not so big) come great responsibilities i'm starting to look around how to disposive my media setup.

FYI I currently have a playbar (love it) + a sub (love it even more) and i'm consireding expanding with a pair of sonos one (can't wait). I'm also willing to upgrade my tv and purchase a new 55' of some kind (potentially an LG).

As i'm watching for a new TV, I happened to came across the samsung studio stand (for those who don't know it here's a picture)...and I don't know why but i really really liked it. The one drawback is that you have to use a samsung TV (and just some specific models to use it).

So I started looking for alternatives, that could maybe fit my playbar as well. And I found this one:

SO...this could be it. But I still need to find a way to fit my playbar. Thus I came across two wall mounts stands that could be compatible with this tripod.

The first one is the Flexson which could work quite well, I just fear the back bars could be a bit too long.

And the second one is the Sanus, which is generalistic, adjustable and seems to do the work just fine.

As the floor stand height is adjustable I think everything should be compatible and work fine but i wanted to have someonelse's opinion before proceeeding.

What do you think? 🙂 and most of all: do you like it?

The final result should be something like this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As far as whether it will work or not, I think it's going to come down to the combined height of the TV and playbar and the total weight. In terms of height, I would want the playbar to be placed higher than the tripod junction point (or whatever it's called). I think it will look better that way, and will also be either to deal with in setup since it will lay perfectly vertical instead of angled up slightly at whatever angle the legs are at. Couldn't really say whether that's possible without knowing the dimensions of the TV and of the stand specifically. As for weight, I imagine that won't be an issue as the stand looks stable enough and TVs are pretty lightweight these days.

As far as whether I like it or not, it's not my personal style, but I do think it looks nice. The pictures don't say how wiring is done, so unless wires can be run through the legs (I doubt it), then you'll have power cords exposed. If you have a cable box or some other video source, that will need to be connected to it and placed somewhere else, more wiring aesthetic issues. I'd also want to place this in a corner since it's going to be a foot or so off the wall, taking up space and making any wires in the back clearly visible.

I do use a tv cart in my own home.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TFXO4Q4/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is for a TV in a gameroom though, that I want to be able to move around on occasion, I was less concerned about how it looked. I was rather happy with how clean it looked though, and is more stable than I thought it would be. I think that aspect could translate over to your stand.
Hi Danny,

thank you very much for your contribution.

Yes i agree with the first point you raised. It is possibile to place the playbar higher than the tripod junction point. It was my simulation that was not fully correct :)

In terms of weight i do not see that much of an issue. This thing can sustain up to 35kg.
The playbar is 6 kg (5.4) and a regular 55' tv should not be heavier than 8 kg so we should be all fine.

PS: cables run thorugh the leg of the tripod but i agree there might be issues with external devices (xbox, decoder etc).

Thank you for your feedback!
Hi .did you find a solution .ive got the same tripod .and would sppreciate any info regarding attaching a soundbar .thanks