Answered

Play:3 and Sonos One compatible?

• 27 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I currently play my music through a Sonos play 3 And am thinking of buying a Sonos one gen 2  will these pair up ok as there will be both Olin the same room

icon

Best answer by John B 27 October 2020, 21:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can’t set them as a stereo pair but you can group them as two mono speakers playing the same source. 

Is the play 3 not stereo

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Apologies: I was trying to emphasise “not a stereo pair” with one as left channel and one as the right. 

Is there an alternative to the Sonos one gen 2 as I don’t want to get rid of the play 3

@Onion, You can set up as many Sonos units in the same physical room as you wish, if you got the space, and playing in sync by grouping them together. (Sonos “rooms” are virtual ones.)

@Onion . I think you may have misunderstood.  The two speakers can be played in sync without difficulty. They are fully compatible with each other. You just cannot use the two as a stereo pair (and hopefully you wouldn't want to).

Cheers