Answered

Circular update

• 23 February 2019
  • 15 replies

The system keeps asking to update, but latest version is installed on my iPhone. Tried deleting and reopening app.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 23 February 2019, 23:58

So this is quite embarrassing, but I found out that someone’s pulled the plug on the amp...! Didn’t occur to me as a possibility since the app told me it found the system. But now I’ve put it back in, and the demand for an impossible update is vanished. Thanks for all patience and help and sorry for the inconvenience!
No worries. I'm glad that you got to the plug... uhm... bottom of this. 😉
View original

15 replies

So this is quite embarrassing, but I found out that someone’s pulled the plug on the amp...! Didn’t occur to me as a possibility since the app told me it found the system. But now I’ve put it back in, and the demand for an impossible update is vanished. Thanks for all patience and help and sorry for the inconvenience!
No worries. I'm glad that you got to the plug... uhm... bottom of this. 😉
What version of the Apple iOS operating system is installed on your iPhone?
The system keeps asking to update, but latest version is installed on my iPhone. Tried deleting and reopening app.
Yes, but is the player firmware also up to date?
Thanks for replies. Newest OS. How do I update firmware when the app just loops into the instruction to update?
Are you saying that the app keeps sending you back to the app store? If so, remove it and reinstall. That usually fixes things.

If the app is simply prompting to update the players (which it would do if it was up to date but the players weren't) then just tell it to go ahead.
Reinstalling doesn’t help. Goes to App Store, but the app is up to date. I have not updated firmware, but can’t see this as an option in the Sonos app.
I would uninstall the Sonos App and then also reboot or power off/on the iphone and then try again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Newest OS

Please be specific. If you iPhone is old, the "newest os" may not be new enough to run the latest Sonos app.
iPhone X, iOS 12.1.4
iPhone X, iOS 12.1.4
In the Sonos app tap on 'Settings --> System Updates --> Check for Updates'; may break the circle.
Can’t find a menu with ‘settings’ as an option. From this screen, when I press ‘add a speaker’, the app tells me to update. The only actual option here is to ‘reset controller’, from the ‘more alternatives’ tab. Sorry if these terms are wrong, this is the Norwegian app.
Can’t find a menu with ‘settings’ as an option. From this screen, when I press ‘add a speaker’, the app tells me to update. The only actual option here is to ‘reset controller’, from the ‘more alternatives’ tab. Sorry if these terms are wrong, this is the Norwegian app.
Can you reproduce this and provide a screenshot please?
“The Sonos app needs to be updated” “Hit the button under to go to app-store” etc.
Did you uninstall the Sonos App and restart the iPhone before re-installing the App from the App Store?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings