Changing credit card on backordered Arc

• 19 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I ordered a new Arc just before Christmas and I had to give a credit card at that time but it wasn’t charge yet as it’s still on backorder. I wanted to change to another credit card but I couldn’t find anywhere to do this so I emailed Sonos. They told me I would have to cancel my order and start all over again. Seems crazy that I can’t simply change payment methods and by cancelling my order I would probably go to the back of the line when I reorder. What happens if you lose your credit card and a new one is issued? Does it mean Sonos won’t fulfill your order and just cancel it when they try to charge your credit card and it doesn’t go through? Anyone know the reason why Sonos is doing it this way?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I ordered a new Arc just before Christmas and I had to give a credit card at that time but it wasn’t charge yet as it’s still on backorder. I wanted to change to another credit card but I couldn’t find anywhere to do this so I emailed Sonos. They told me I would have to cancel my order and start all over again. Seems crazy that I can’t simply change payment methods and by cancelling my order I would probably go to the back of the line when I reorder. What happens if you lose your credit card and a new one is issued? Does it mean Sonos won’t fulfill your order and just cancel it when they try to charge your credit card and it doesn’t go through? Anyone know the reason why Sonos is doing it this way?

I would suspect Sonos is doing it ‘this way’ because ‘this way’ was never a concern before.  By that, I mean that Sonos has never had backorders of this sort of magnitude in their history before, and customers wanting to change CC while on backorder never came up before. Orders almost always went out 24-48 hours after the order came through.  They never need a system that allowed for changes in payment before.

As far as your other questions, I have no idea what will happen if you cancel your card before it’s charged.  I suspect Sonos will contact you for a new CC, but don’t know for sure.  The fact that you can’t call them up to change payment methods isn’t a good sign.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That makes sense if they’ve never had to deal with it before. I started out thinking this would be quick and easy but that’s not the case.

They did says to call them to cancel and reorder but I should expect to wait along time on hold as they’re very busy. I guess I will find the time to call and see if I get a different answer or at least to see if I won’t lose my place in line if I cancel and reorder.

Thanks